The Duck Camp bird and trout knife will be the new staple tool for your fin and feather pursuits. Heading out into the backcountry to camp and fish for trout? Maybe you’re grouse or pheasant hunting along the way… This knife is the ultimate hip buddy for these hook and bullet adventures. Handmade for Duck Camp by Weige Knives, this is the best hunting and fishing knife because of the quality of materials and construction. It features a 440c steel blade that many knife makers say will take the sharpest edge and hold it the longest over any other blade materials. The blade has a slight amount of bend to it for easy maneuvering around breast plates and behind gills. What are you waiting for? Snag your new favorite knife.
- Custom made by Travis Weige of Weige Knives
- “Flying D” on one side of the blade
- 7.5’’ Total Length
- 3.5’’ Blade made with 440c Steel
- 440c steel is proven to be very tough with high wear resistance, corrosion resistance
- Slight bend to the steel blade for easy maneuvering and added articulation
- Handle Material: Natural linen micarta
- G10 Liner
- High quality brass pins
- Custom leather sheath made by Dustin Lauw of Duck’s Heritage Cowboy Boots
- Sheath has loop for attaching to your belt
Weige x Duck Camp Bird & Trout Knife
Now that I’ve used it to clean birds I can say that it’s a great knife but could benefit from a more even sharpening. It’s sharp, just sharper in some spots making it difficult to cut evenly through the skin on waterfowl. The size and ergonomics of the knife are perfect for what I was using it for. The grips are well designed and easy to clean. I’ve used it to clean birds, cook, and as a steak knife, where it excels. Four stars because of the uneven sharpness, which is an easy fix. Love this blade.
Very well made, has and holds a very sharp edge.